skip to main content
School Enrollment Paperwork Requirements
Posted On:
Sunday, March 10, 2013

Onslow County Schools requires documentation for student enrollment.  The biological parent or legal guardian*, as appointed by the court, is the only person that can legally enroll a student.

* The legal guardian/custodian is the person or agency that has been awarded legal custody of the child(ren) by a court.  A notarized statement of power of attorney will not be accepted to transfer custody.  Legal guardians/custodians will need to provide court ordered custody papers at the time of enrollment.

To register, you will need:

  • Proof of address - The proof of residence must be in the name of the biological parent or legal guardian or in the name of the friend or relative with whom you are residing.  We cannot accept leases or rental agreements.  It must be a utility bill.
  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Immunization Record
  • Social Security Card
  • Picture Identification of Biological Parent or Legal Guardian
  • Custody Papers (if applicable)
  • Last Issued Report Card

If the child is going to enter school for the first time, we will provide you a Kindergarten Health Assessment Form which must be completed by the child's physician within 30 days of enrollment in school.

View all Latest News